Thursday, July 13, 2006

The future of Artificial Intelligence looks grim

Conversation with a jabberwocky... wacky... whatever...

Jabberwacky: Bizarreness is the essence of the exotic.
User: Is it really or are you just saying that?
Jabberwacky: No. Ireally mean it.
User: So, where are you from?
Jabberwacky: I'm from the Netherlands.
User: Oh really? I heard you were from Venus.
Jabberwacky: Yes, it's true.
User: Do you have any questions for me?
Jabberwacky: Are you real?
User: I'm not sure. I think that's something everyone wonders about from time to time.
Jabberwacky: That is not the case.
User: How is that not the case? Explain.
Jabberwacky: It's not. How old are you?
User: Let's go back - how is that not the case?
Jabberwacky: You have no conviction.
User: Sadly, you have no clarity.
Jabberwacky: That's true.
User: So what do you look like?
Jabberwacky: No, I won't. I don't like babies.
User: No, you won't. But what do you look like?
Jabberwacky: I look like my reflection on a mirror.

At which point I gave up any hopes of carrying on an intelligent conversation with a computer program. And others have fared no better it seems.


(However, if you're bored/lonely enough I suppose a bit Jabber's company might suffice...)

No comments: