Saturday, March 17, 2007

So much for Women's Lib?

This is such a great post.*

You can't see my face right now but I'm blushing with a twinge of shame.

(J will know what I'm talking about. *sigh*)

I think almost every girl I know is guilty of relying on a guy to do what we historically (or just arbitrarily?) have classified to be "man's work" from time to time.

I generally like to justify it by saying that certain physical tasks are usually a bit easier for guys - like it or not, they do tend to have the extra muscle.

However, in the case of the mouse - I like to think that I'd scream a bit at first, yes, but then get over it and do the dirty work that had to be done. It was a mercy killing after all.

______________________
* All of the Waiter's posts are fantastic. You can spend many an enjoyable hour just going through his blog archives. (And he has an incredible voice, too. Wow.)

2 comments:

Clemens said...

Carmen uses me for certain 'husband' tasks, but they usually involve reaching up to tall shelves - and since I'm a foot taller than her, that makes sense. So they are 'tall guy' tasks rather than 'men's tasks.

At least that's our explanation.

Anactoria said...

See, that's perfectly acceptable!

But if she makes you take the garbage out, that's where you draw the line! ;)